February Half Term Family Activities 2023: Slo-mo and Go!Past, Family Activities Tue 14 Feb – Thu 16 Feb, 10am - 12 noon Tues, Weds & Thurs & 1 - 3 pm Weds & Thurs
It's time to dance, make and play, but not in the usual way.
Using our new exhibitions Charlotte Johannesson, Carolyn Lazard: Long Take and Rosalind Nashashibi: Hooks for inspiration, we slow down, we transform, and we repeat. Get ready to immerse yourself for a bodily experience of transformations.
The workshops are drop-in; however, we invite you to book a space for your session as spaces are limited.
Our sessions take place at the following times:
Tuesday 14 Feb 10 am -12 noon
Wednesday 15 February 10 am - 12 noon and 1 pm - 3 pm
Thursday 16 February 10am - 12 noon and 1 pm - 3 pm
Please note these family workshops are an immersive experience, the lighting is varied, there are bright lights and dim areas with a large screen projection on the wall. There is a repetitive soundtrack of music playing at an audible volume throughout. We have a limited supply of noise reducing headphones available for our participants to use.
If you are having difficulty or would like support in completing your booking, please call us on (0115 948 9750).
Free. Limited Capacity. Booking is required.
To prepare you for your visit see our, Access and Facilities here, and Getting Here.
- Our family activities are held in our large ground floor space, called The Space.
- We have a Changing Places facility.
- We are a Breastfeeding Welcome venue.
- All our Play & Learn Facilitators have a DBS certificate.
- All our Play & Learn Facilitators receive safeguarding training.
- We have staff on duty who are First Aid at Work, and Paediatric First Aid, trained.
- We are a member of the Family Arts Campaign.
- Our current exhibitions are Charlotte Johannesson, Carolyn Lazard: Long Take and Rosalind Nashashibi: Hooks
Do let us know if you require any assistance or help prior to your visit, please call us on (0115 948 9750).
Entry to our exhibitions and our family activities is free.
Our Gallery Assistants are on hand to support a happy and safe environment. Please help by listening to their guidance and let them know if you need any assistance or guidance during your visit.
We ask for you not to take food and drink inside the exhibitions, however you are more than welcome to have your snacks and drinks in the Space when attending our Family Activities.