1525: Curating Events CourseYoung People, Workshop Wed 22 Sep – Sun 3 Oct
Free, In person
All 15-25 year olds welcome
Introduction and Q&A: Wednesday 22nd September, 5-7pm
Weekend Intensive Course: Saturday 2nd October, 12:30-6:30pm & Sunday 3rd October, 12:30-6:30pm
Go behind the scenes at Nottingham Contemporary and collaborate with curators to deliver a funded public programme for our next exhibition Our Silver City.
Together we will commission and plan events to take place within a structure named The Temple created by artist, Grace Ndiritu and is her largest production to date. Inspired by indigenous sweat lodges, this circular structure will be conceived as a meditative sanctuary for visitors and you will help bring it to life.
About the event
Nottingham Contemporary. Free. Limited Capacity.
Booking is required.
- It is encouraged though not compulsory to attend all sessions in the course.
- No prior knowledge/experience is required, suitable for all levels.
- You do not need to have seen the current exhibition or visited the gallery.
- Art materials are provided free.
- In person workshops are limited to max. 15 participants. We ask all participants to wear face coverings, remain socially distanced (1-2 metres) and wash/sanitize hands regularly. If you feel unwell, have COVID-19 symptoms or have recently tested postive please do not attend sessions.
Future of Futures is an immersive year-long research, engagement and artistic project led by young people. Borrowing from sci-fi as well as role play and scenario planning techniques, our project will be set’ in a future version of Nottingham at the end of the 21st century, to collectively reimagine the role of culture and our gallery.
This project is supported by The Weston Culture Fund and The Foyle Foundation.