Visit us Safely
Before you visit
This page outlines the safety measures to protect you from coronavirus infection that you will see when you visit us.
Please read through this page so you know what to expect. And remember, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell with coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus, and make sure to follow NHS coronavirus guidelines.
Thank you for keeping everyone safe.
During your visit
- Entry remains free with no need to book
- Please keep a distance between yourself and other groups of visitors and staff where possible
- Visitors and Staff are welcome to wear face coverings in our building
- Please wash your hands frequently - there will be automatic hand sanitiser points at the entrances and throughout the building
- Please keep left on the stairs
- There will be increased cleaning throughout the building, including door handles, handrails and other areas of the building
- Please pay with contactless/card wherever possible
- Lockers are available
On Tuesdays and Wednesdays our Quiet Hour is 5pm-6pm. On Thursdays and Fridays our Quiet Hour is 10am-11am. If you were previously asked to shield through lockdown, or are over 65, we would love to see you during these times when the building will be quieter.
- The main entrance to Nottingham Contemporary is on Weekday Cross, on the corner of High Pavement (next to the Pitcher and Piano)
- There is an automatic hand sanitiser point at the entrance
- All four of our main galleries will be open (Gallery Zero will remain closed for the time being)
- Free exhibition notes are available upon entry to the galleries and in digital form on our website
- Gallery assistants are on hand to answer questions and provide assistance, but please maintain social distancing where possible
- Please do not touch the artworks
- Toilets, including accessible toilets, will be open for our visitors and café customers, as well as baby changing facilities
- We'll be cleaning the toilets frequently throughout the day
Group visits - schools, colleges and universities
We are now welcoming schools, colleges and universities back to our galleries. But we require you to book in advance to help us manage numbers to help us manage capacities.
Please contact us to book a visit, either by phoning us on 0115 948 9750 or by emailing email@example.com.
We can work with schools and colleges to prepare students for their visit, and we can provide resources to help them to connect with the exhibitions. Our team of artists can also support your visit to the gallery and provide a workshop. Find out more here.
There are many other ways to engage with our work, including experiencing the exhibitions online through our virtual reality tours. These can be found here.
Risk assessments have been carried out for both staff and visitor operations. These are regularly reviewed and take into account the latest guidance from the government, NHS and HSE.
You can read our COVID-19 Venue/Workplace Risk Assessment here.
If you'd like to ask any questions about our safety measures, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org