We’re thrilled to share that we have been shortlisted for the Award for Civic Arts Organisations 2022!
The initiative was created by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (UK Branch) and King’s College Cultural Community, London, to celebrate arts organizations for their civic work, particularly in the last 2 years.
The second edition of this Award seeks to shine a spotlight on how arts organisations are emerging from a period that has affected every individual and community in different ways.
You can find more information about the award here.
By working in partnership we try to ensure our work is connected to and of use to the city and responsive to local needs and issues.
Over the last year,
- our artists have been resident in local schools, working with teachers and children to support creativity, joy and children's voices in the classroom
- we've worked with Nottingham Citizen's on their Better Books campaign to create resources and raise money for anti-racist, culturally diverse books for every city Primary school
- we've partnered with Red Cross and the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Refugee Forum to help co-ordinate Refugee Week activities and adapt workshops to encourage social connections
- we've developed WALKshops: a new creative activity to support social connections and wellbeing within local and urban environments
- we've delivered an exciting new programme, Future of Futures to involve young people in imagining the future and provide skills and experiences in the here and now
We are thrilled and grateful to be shortlisted and want to congratulate all the other shortlisted organisations on their civic work.
The full announced shortlist is available here.
Join us for the announcement event on Wed 23 March 2022
5.00 pm – 5.40 pm
To register for the event, please click here.