Activity: A Moment in Time
Our Silver City, 2094 explores the past, present and future of Nottingham. Be inspired to create a time capsule that is a snapshot of the present, to be opened in the future, 2094!
Find an old container, a metal one with a lid would be good, like an old biscuit tin.
Think about what you would like to put in your container.
- What would you like to tell the people of 2094?
- What is important to you?
- Who do you think might open it?
Now write or draw a picture of how you imagine the future might be.
- How do you think we will travel?
- Who will be on our money or stamps?
You could also write or draw a picture of what it is like living in Nottingham today.
Collect a few objects that represent your hobbies or interests such as;
- A small toy you no longer play with
- A pebble you collected on a walk
- Maybe a photo of you and your family
- Something with todays date
Take a photo of what you have chosen (to share with us).
Place your items inside the container with your writing or picture, and seal tightly with cellotape, then decide where you will put it.
If you have a go at the activity, we’d love to see your creations #NCmaking
Top tips at home:
If you get a newspaper/free paper you could add some recent news to the tin.
You don’t have to bury it, you could just try to hide it in the back of a cupboard for a while!
- Maybe you could ask a parent, friend or grandparent what changes they have seen over their lifetime?
This activity was created by Play and Learn Facilitator, Rachel Scanlon