Play & Learn: In Gallery, At Home, & Outside!
Our Early Years relaxed sensory sessions Let's Play. Again! are back. We were full to the brim with little ones, from babes in arms, to bum shufflers, and fast movers and just wanted to do it all again. Book here.
Nottingham Contemporary will be closed of the festive holiday, so our next family workshops will be in February 2024. Keep your eye on our web page as we will have some digital activities for you to continue being creative at home until we see you again.
Be the first to know about our Family Activities, join our mailing list
If you are visiting our exhibitions, then don't miss out on our Sensory Bags to use around the building to support during your visit, available in reception.
Take a look at our other activities below, or all our past ones are here, there are lots to do to keep you busy.
You could also take a look at our Virtual Reality tour of past exhibitions and related activites.
Be sure to share your ‘In Gallery, At Home & Outside’ experience on our social media, at #NCmaking so we can see what amazing ways you have tried our activities.
We'd love to hear what you think. Who knows, you could join our team of kid creatives!
- Our family activities are held in our large ground floor room, called The Space.
- There is a designated sensory area in these workshops.
- Adult and child noise reducing headphones are available on request.
- We have a Changing Places facility.
- We are a Breastfeeding Welcome venue.
- All our Play & Learn Facilitators hold a current DBS certificate.
- All our Play & Learn Facilitators have regular safeguarding training.
- We have staff on duty who are First Aid at Work, and Paediatric First Aid, trained.
- We are a member of the Family Arts Campaign and part of the local Nottingham Network group with our cultural friends.
- Our current exhibition is Ridykeulous (Nicole Eisenman & A.L. Steiner, with Sam Roeck): Ridykes’ Cavern of Fine Inverted Wines and Deviant Videos. This exhibition contains some artworks which explore adult themes - our friendly gallery assistants and front of house team at our reception desk can provide you with more information.
Entry to our exhibitions and our family activities are free.
Our Gallery Assistants are on hand to support a happy and safe environment. Please help by listening to their guidance and let them know if you need any assistance or guidance during your visit.
We ask for you not to take food and drink inside the exhibitions, however you are more than welcome to have your snacks and drinks if attending our Family Activities in The Space.